This Website is operated by ELECOM USA Inc., (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") Please read the following terms and conditions of use before using this Website and use it only if you agree to these terms and conditions. By using this Website, you are deemed to have agreed to the following terms and conditions.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older and capable to enter into contracts under applicable laws. If you are accessing this Website representing a legal entity, you represent and warrant to that effect. Please note that the following terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. If these terms and conditions are changed, you will be required to comply with the changed terms and conditions. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
2. Prohibited Activities
The following activities are prohibited when using this Website.
(1) Activities that infringe or may infringe the property or privacy of the Company or a third party.
(2) Activities that cause or may cause disadvantage or damage to the Company or a third party.
(3) Activities that are or may be offensive to public order and morals.
(4) Criminal acts or acts that lead or may lead to criminal acts.
(5) Any false declaration or notification, such as registering another person's e-mail address.
(6) Activities for the purpose of business activities or profit-making or actions in preparation for such activities.
(7) Activities that defame or discredit the Company or a third party.
(8) Activities that use or provide, or may use or provide harmful programs such as computer viruses.
(9) Other activities that violate, or may violate treaties, laws, regulations or ordinances.
(10) Any other activities that the Company deems inappropriate
3. Intellectual Property Rights
Copyrights, patents, utility model rights, design rights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights pertaining to the contents (information, materials, images, audio, etc.) of this Website are the property of the Company and its business affiliates.
Any unauthorized use thereof (duplication, diversion, sale, etc.) is strictly prohibited.
4. Purchases & Payments
You are required to:
(1)to provide your information on billing/shipping address and credit or debit card (each, a "Payment Card");
(2)to represent and warrant that you are the authorized account holder on all Payment Cards for the Company to charge your Payment Card for the cost of the Products, and all taxes, shipping, and handling fees communicated to you at the time of your purchase;
(3) to acknowledge and agree that your order is an offer to the Company to buy the product(s);
(4) to acknowledge our receipt (not our acceptance) of your order after the Company sends you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order; and
(5)to confirm the Company’s acceptance of your order when the Company dispatches the product to you and sends an e-mail confirmation to you that the Company has dispatched the product(s) to you.
The materials available on this Website (including materials on any linked site accessible directly or indirectly from this Website) are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. The Company does not warrant that the materials are error-free or free of viruses, defamatory, offensive, or other harmful components. You assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction
This Website is for your personal and non-commercial use, and you agree to use this Website for lawful purposes only. You shall not copy, use, modify, transmit, distribute, reverse engineer, or in any way exploit any copyrighted or proprietary materials available on the Website except as expressly authorized by the respective owner(s). Use of any software available for download from this Website is governed by the terms of the applicable license agreement that accompanies or is included with such software.
In no event shall the Company or its affiliates, agents, and suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential, or other damages (including, without limitation, lost profits, lost revenues, or similar economic losses) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials available on this Website or any linked sites, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages or for any claim by a third party.
The Company may change the information on this Website without prior notice. The operation of this Website may be suspended or terminated at any time. The Company shall not be liable for any damages resulting from changes in the information or from the suspension or discontinuation of the operation of this Website for any reason whatsoever.
6. Global Availability
This Website contains links and references to the Elecom Global Site for downloading manuals and software. Information on the Elecom Global Site may contain information relating directly or indirectly to products, programs, or services that are not announced or available in your country, and the Company is not responsible for the contents thereof. Such links and references do not imply that the Company intends to announce or make available such products, programs, or services.
7. Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction
All interpretations and applications of the terms and conditions of use of this Website shall be governed by and construed under the laws of California, the U.S., excluding its conflict of law provisions.
All information available on the Website is subject to U.S. export control laws and may also be subject to the laws of the country where you reside.
Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use of this Website shall be adjudicated in the courts of the state or federal court located in California in the US, and you hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
8. Linking to this Website
You are free to link to this Website, whether commercial, noncommercial, or intranet-based. However, links from the following types of sites are strictly prohibited.
(1) Websites that defame the Company or its products or services
(2) Websites that contain adult content
(3) Websites that contain illegal content, and sites that are or may be involved in illegal activities.
The materials that can be accessed from linked sites are not maintained by the Company, and the Company is not responsible for the contents thereof. Any reference to a linked site or any specific third-party product or service by name does not constitute or imply its endorsement by the Company, and you assume all risk concerning its use.
9. Proposals from users
The Company may receive various ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, and other proposals ("Proposals") from users. Unfortunately, to avoid any misunderstanding that our future and unreleased products may be similar to or related to users’ Proposals, the Company declines to accept users’ Proposals. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company may still ask users to send the Company users’ Proposals and related materials. In such cases, the Company will assume that users have agreed to the following points before sending users’ Proposals to the Company. Please understand the following.
(1) The Company is under no obligation to keep users’ Proposals confidential.
(2) The Company is not obligated to consider, evaluate, or adopt users’ Proposals.
(3) Even in the unlikely event that the Company adopts an idea that is identical or similar in whole or in part to the Idea, the Company shall not be liable to users anyway, including, but not limited to, payment of compensation.
10. Scheduled Maintenance
This Website undergoes periodic maintenance as necessary. During scheduled maintenance, the Website may be temporarily suspended in whole or in part.
12. Information Collected by this Website
The Company will collect the following information about users on this Website ("User Information").
(1) Information (name, address, e-mail address, etc.) entered in inquiry forms on this Website
(2) Information about the user’s use of the Website (including information collected through cookies and beacons)
13. Purpose of Use of Your Information
The Company will use User Information for the following purposes
(1) to communicate with the user by responding to inquiries, sending e-mail magazines, news releases, etc.
(2) to operate or analyze this Website.
(3) to improve or develop this Website, products, and services.
(4) to conduct marketing activities for products and services.
The Company may use this information for the purposes described in "Purposes of Use of User Information" including marketing customized to each user. Please note that the User Information collected by cookies and web beacons does not include information that can directly identify individuals, such as names and e-mail addresses
You can set your browsers to accept or decline cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies on this Website, your use of this Website may be restricted.
15. Use of Google Analytics
This Website uses Google Analytics to collect and analyze information about the use of this Website.
16. Information Security
The Company will handle your information collected on this Website with appropriate technical and organizational security measures depending on the nature of the information.
17. Use from outside the U.S.
When you access this Website from outside the U.S., the User Information is transmitted to and handled in the U.S. However, the privacy protection laws of the U.S. may not be always at the same level of protection as those of the country in which the user resides.
18. Provision of User Information to Third Parties and Transfer of User Information outside the U.S.
The Company may disclose User Information to contractors in the U.S. and overseas. Your information obtained by cookies and web beacons may be provided to advertising companies for marketing purposes. If you disclose User Information to a third party outside of the U.S., the Company will take appropriate measures.
19. Inquiries about User Information
You may exercise your rights of disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. of User Information under the Personal Information Protection Law of the US.
If you wish to exercise such rights, please contact the Company at the following.
Contact for inquiry:
Elecom revised these Terms on July 2023.